This 2-piece cable system is ideal for locking your unattended kayak to storage racks, roof racks, or other objects that are fixed securely in place. A scrolling combination lock eliminates the need for keys that can be lost on the water and allows you to set the combination to any four digits of your choosing. The compact design makes it an easy item to pack on your next kayaking adventure.
This system works by having 2 fixed loops one of which goes over either end of your kayak and is then pulled taut. The excess cable is wrapped around a fixed object like a roof rack or post and the two halves are locked by the integrated combination lock. The kayak can not be pulled out from either end because the loops are to tight to slide off the ends when the cable is locked and the loops won’t go around the belly of the kayak so it can’t be pulled through. (See instructions in pictures for more details)
With Sit on tops it may also be pulled through a scupper or pedal drive for additional security.
This can be used to secure your kayak to your roof racks to prevent theft but isn’t suitable to tie it down for transport- It won’t stop it blowing around.
- Designed for use with sit-in kayaks (Another option is available for wider recreational style sit on top kayaks)
- Tamper-proof 4-digit combination lock can easily be set to a code of your choice (resettable)
- Convenient integrated Velcro retainer straps for compact storage
- Includes heavy-duty (grey) storage bag and instructions
- Galvanized steel aircraft cable is vinyl coated to a thickness of 3/8” (~9.5mm)
- Weight: 2.5 lbs. (1.13kg)
- Galvanized steel aircraft cable vinyl coated to 3/8”
- Overall length is roughly 16′ (487cm)
- Loop size is approximately 47” (119cm)
- Tail length with lock is approximately 75” (191cm)
Available in two sizes this one has Smaller loops more suitable for boats such as recreational sea kayaks touring boats or racing skis