The Palm Nevis PFD is the culmination of research from UCLan, design by Barney Caulfield and testing worldwide by Bren Orton. At its core is the Delta Fit adjustment system. Two wings that wrap your ribs, reducing pressure on your abdomen, helping you to breathe and increasing mobility .Set-up to go in five fluid steps, with fewer buckles (including new load tested aircraft grade aluminium hardware). The Nevis has the world’s first Piggyback adjustable quick release chest harness, improving upon the latest research, so that releasing your harness doesn’t affect the fit of your PFD. The Nevis sets a new standard in fit and safety.
• Delta Fit adjustment system
• One pull Piggyback harness
• Utility-draw front pocket to segment your safety gear
• Zipped tunnel pocket
• Twin side stash pockets with clip points
• Load tested aircraft grade aluminium adjustment hardware
• APC easy catch O-ring
• Gaia non-PVC foam (Green for the environment)
• CORDURA® 500D fabric
• Gaia PVC-free foam
Weight 1444 g (M/L)
•ISO 12402-5 / 12402-6 certified
• Pullover entry • Delta Fit • grip strips • Piggyback one-pull chest harness • APC O-ring • 7075 aluminium hardware • shoulder straps tested to 3.2 kN • reflective details • dual cowtail parks • Easy Glide straps • Utility-draw front pocket • dual entry zipped tunnel pocket • velcro side stash pockets with split D-ring • internal front and rear velcro slip pocket • easy access knife sleeve • internal pocket compartments • daisy chain webbing clip-in points • elastic strap keepers
The Nevis PFDs pass ISO 12402-5 (water sports) and ISO 12402-6 (paddlesport) standards. The majority of Palm PFDs have up to 20% more buoyancy than the ISO/CE standard and Palm whitewater models have up to 40% more buoyancy than the 50 N required. Palm were the first to make PFDs to these ISO standards.